Silix-Silica Nutrient tablet helps plants to resist toxicity from phosphorous, manganese, aluminum, and iron, and increases tolerance to salts. It also aids in resistance to drought by reducing water loss, and in some cases it may increase growth and yields. Silix improves leaf erectness, reduces susceptibility to lodging in grasses, and improves photosynthesis efficiency. For turf this can result in faster, healthier greens and athletic fields. Row crops, vine crops, ornamentals, and hydroponically grown plants can all benefit from Silix supplementation. Silix also acts as a natural fungicide, it helps build the plants defense from attacks by insects, fungi. Silix is impregnated in the epidermal cell layer acting as a barrier against penetration of fungal attacks from powdery mildew, black spots, pythium and phytophthora and many more fugal problems.It plays an active role in combating fungal growth by the production of polyphenolic compounds, this is a main part of the plants natural defense against fugal and insect attacks. Silix helps the plant growth by depositing itself on epidermal cell walls, enhancing the plant’s ability to keep the leaves pointed towards the light source. It also increases the stem strength, making it easier to hold up more weight. As the plant builds itself up with Silix, it helps with balancing nutrient uptake and distribution, and increased concentration of chlorophyll and RUBP carboxylase in leaves. Silix also increase the mechanical strength of the plant to help it in extreme heat and cold swings, salt build up in soils or increased TDS in water, and controls the rate of transpiration of plants.
1. Provides resistance to mineral stress.
2. Increases growth and yield.
3. Produces healthier & stronger plant growth: Once Silix is taken up by the roots, it is deposited in the plant’s cell walls as a solid, rigid ‘quartz-like’ matrix. This produces a ‘mechanically’ stronger plant which enables superior leaf orientation and therefore greater rates of photosynthesis and growth.
4. Increases weight & shelf-life of fruit: Accumulation of silica in plant cells increases cell weight and integrity.
5. Increases plant tolerance to heat stress (wilting).
6. Improves the healing rate and neatness of pruning wounds: This property is especially beneficial in commercial cropping of plants such as tomato and cucumber where regular pruning threatens the plant’s survival due to the risk of disease.
7. Increases drought tolerance.
Time of applications :
Silix can be applied at any time during the crop life cycle. It is recommended to apply at an interval of 15-20 days to get healthier plants and higher yields.
Dilution: Silix must be diluted 30 Tablets / 200 ltrs of water.